Confronted by the dramatic increase in the incidence of kidney disease in Canada, the Foundation launched a comprehensive review of its directions and priorities and a new Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles were approved by the National Board of Directors, following extensive consultation with volunteers, staff and external stakeholders.
This critical piece of work has catalyzed a dynamic change process to ensure that the Foundation continues to provide leadership for kidney health and improved lives for all Canadians affected by kidney disease.
The Key Results that flow from the new vision remain works in progress which will continue to be developed and refined by experience in the years ahead. They will serve as a guide to the creation of more detailed plans as the Foundation’s leadership works together to realize the new Mission and Vision while increasing its capacity to be the Foundation of kidney care throughout the century.
- National leader in the development of kidney researchers and excellent research
- Organization of choice supporting people affected by kidney disease
- Effective and influential voice in the development of kidney-related health policy
- Educated public committed to kidney health and organ donation
- Significantly increased resources
- Organization and culture structured to respond to changing demands