Your generosity will touch the lives of millions of Canadians. Here’s how you can help:
- ONLINE: You can make your donation now by completing our secure online donation form.
- BY MAIL OR FAX: To make your donation by mail or fax, please print and complete the general donation form or the In Memory donation form and send it to the Kidney Foundation Branch in your area. Click here to find the address of your local branch office.
- BY PHONE: Simply call the Kidney Foundation Branch nearest you. If you call outside of business hours, please leave your name, telephone number, date and time of call, and we will return your call the next business day.
- AT THE DOOR: Every March, Kidney Health Month in Canada, over 90,000 Kidney Foundation volunteers go door-to-door in most neighbourhoods across the country to raise money for research, programs, and services that improve the health and quality of life of people living with kidney disease and those at risk. Please give generously when a Kidney Foundation volunteer knocks on your door.
- BY SUPPORTING OUR KIDNEY CAR PROGRAM: If you reside in an area where the Foundation’s Kidney Car program operates, and have an old clunker that you want to dispose of, call the Kidney Car program in your area.
- BY SUPPORTING OUR KIDNEY CLOTHES PROGRAM: If you reside in an area where the Foundation’s Kidney Clothes program operates, and if your drawers are overflowing and your closets are in chaos, it might be time to consider a donation to Kidney Clothes. We will turn your used clothing donation into much needed funds for kidney research and educational programs that help fight kidney disease. Call the Kidney Clothes Hotline to schedule a FREE pick up 1.800.414.3484 (available in several communities across Ontario and Southern Alberta)
- WITH PLANNED GIVING: You can also make a very real contribution to the success of our mission, both today and in the future, through Planned Giving. Planned Giving is an opportunity for you to make a difference with your estate. In most cases, it allows you to give - and be recognized for - a far more significant gift than your current income might permit.
- WITH A GIFT OF SECURITIES: With the federal government’s elimination of the capital gains tax on gifts of publicly traded securities, giving a Gift of Securities has become a convenient and tax effective way of supporting the Foundation.
- BY CREATING AN ENDOWMENT FUND: In 1994, The Kidney Foundation of Canada introduced Endowment Funds to provide a pool of permanent resources for our work. The principal amount of these gifts is invested, and the revenue generated is used to finance research and programs for Canadians living with kidney disease. Your gift continues to positively affect the lives of thousands of individuals year after year.
At The Kidney Foundation of Canada, our goal is to make giving simple. We recognize your right to privacy and we pledge to protect it. Depending on how you choose to make your donation, we may request the following information:
- Credit Card Information – This information is only used to process the payment of your donation. We do not electronically store credit card information.
- Monthly Pledge Program – We may request a void check showing your complete banking information (bank, branch, transit number and account number).