Volunteer with Us
Being a volunteer at The Kidney Foundation means joining a dynamic and diverse group of people who share a common purpose – to make a difference in the lives of others. We invite you to join thousands of people from across Canada who are making an important contribution to improving the lives of people with kidney disease.
Volunteering is a positive and rewarding experience. It encourages creativity and personal growth in a respectful and supportive environment. Also, we need you! Volunteers make our work possible – from funding vital research, to advocacy, to promoting greater understanding and awareness of kidney health and organ donation.
If you would like to volunteer with us, contact us to learn more about priority needs for volunteers in your region.
Whether you’re in high school, a full-time employee, a working parent, or newly retired – there are opportunities available to suit your particular needs and circumstances.
Short-term and longer-term opportunities for people of all ages to volunteer are available – locally, regionally and nationally. Would you like to:
- Help others – get involved in activities that will lift the spirits and brighten the future of someone affected by kidney disease.
- Strengthen ties within your community – educate and engage others in important health issues.
- Gain experience – learn how to organize events, collaborate with others and develop your communication and leadership skills.
- Share you knowledge and expertise – serve on boards or committees, and use your experiences and perspectives to solve problems and influence change.
- Explore your skills – apply your talents, and discover new ones!
- Meet new people – participate in a variety of events and make new friends.
- Have some fun! – play in a golf tournament, or host a special event.