What is the format for PLUGGED IN?
PLUGGED IN will feature a variety of segments, including "Ask the Expert", "Organ Donation", "Did you Know"... and more! Let us know which one is your favourite!
- Ask the Expert – in this segment we ask the questions you want to know about a variety of kidney –related topics through it’s up-close and personal interviews with kidney-related experts, including a variety of health care professionals (nephrologists and other doctors, social workers, dieticians, pharmacists, nurses etc)
- Hot Topics – hear from different panels of guests as they have a conversation and share their thoughts and real life experiences on a variety of topics trending in the world of kidney health and chronic disease
- In the News – whether it's a documentary series following a kidney donor and recipient pre and post transplant or the latest research on how to keep your kidneys healthy through a special diet, “In the News” brings you the latest news, human interest stories and kidney-related research from across the province, within Canada and internationally
- Organ Donation – this segments shines a spotlight on the challenges and triumphs of people waiting for life-saving transplants, the life-changing stories of transplant recipients and their true heroes - kidney donors - in a segment that captures all aspects about organ donation and kidney transplantation
- Community Calendar - will help keep you in the know about what’s going on in the kidney community around BC & Yukon
- Kidney Kids – in this special segment you will meet children, teens and family members from our kidney community and learn more about what life is like for kids who have kidney disease. Plus this segment features the stories of some remarkable young people and what they are doing for the cause.
- Talkin’ Kidney – don’t miss this hilarious segment where actor David C. Jones is out in the community with mascot, Sydney the Kidney, uncovering what British Columbians know or don’t know about their kidneys
- Kidney Contest – of course, how could we do a show without the opportunity to win some great prizes?
- Did You Know? – facts and stats that everybody should know when it comes to their kidney health
- And be sure not to miss the Bloopers section at the end….
- Stay tuned, special Sports Desk and a Fitness & Diet segments coming soon …
I have an idea for the show. Can I share my feedback?
Yes, please. Be sure to let us know what you think! Send us your feedback and the story ideas you’d like to see on the show. Email Barb Valentine (Executive Producer) at email@example.com.