Organ Donation Campaign
Too many British Columbians are dying before they get a life-saving kidney transplant.
You can help change this story!
Please join us in speaking out on the need to increase kidney transplants & organ donor registration by 50%.
- Working with government and key stakeholders
- Having ongoing dialogue with the Honourable Terry Lake, BC Minister of Health, BC Transplant, BC Renal Agency and other health partners to advance our goal.
- Presented 63 special awards in 2015 to Honourable Amrik Virk, and his Ministry of Technology, Innovation & Citizen's Services for their leadership to offer organ donor registration at all 62 Service BC centres.
- Engaged 7,000 plus Kidney Foundation volunteers to participate in a province-wide advocacy campaign in 2015 in support of organ donation
- Engaging British Columbians in a Conversation
- Connected with over 2500 British Columbians in 2014 via polling, focus groups and survey to get their views on organ donation.
- Hosted a series of innovative "Community Conversations" on organ donation
- Kicked off first-ever Kidney Transplant Summit on May 1st, chaired by the Honourable Wally Oppal QC.
- Working with community leaders: police chiefs, fire & rescue and BC employers to encourage organ donation through their networks.
- Generating a Media Buzz
- Released a special report in the media during Kidney Health Month, March 2015, documenting what British Columbians told us and their recommendations for organ donation.
- Garnered pre-summit media, including CKNW with Cindy Cheery, Op-Eds in Vancouver Sun with Joel Solomon and Times Colonist.
- Earned top news stories on CTV evening news, as well as CBC TV (French and English) with Kidney Summit
- Shaw, Global TV and 1150 am radio covered the launch of our special initiative: "Saving Lives through Organ Donation"
- Generated significant community media play via customized 62 media releases recognizing leadership organ donation
- Increased our social media channels in 2015 with almost 60, 000 facebook reach
Kidney Transplant & Organ Donation Facts
Response & Next Steps